Trinity Mother Francis Rehabilitation Hospital affiliated with HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tyler, Texas
July 2014 to Present
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of New Mexico
February 2010 to July 2014
Duties to Include:
Director of Plant Operations
Nature and Scope:
Reports to the CEO
As the Plant Operations Director I am responsible for ensuring that the HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, satellite clinic(s) and all related building systems and equipment are installed and maintained in accordance with Joint Commission standards and applicable local, state and federal regulatory requirements. In addition, I have coordinated and conducted the Environment of Care/Safety Committee meetings and serve as Safety Officer ensuring compliance with all regulatory agency requirements. I have coordinated and overseen preventive and corrective maintenance programs per the standards in the industry and equipment manufacturers’ recommendations. I had also been responsible for implementing, maintaining and championing the CPR (Comfort, professionalism and Respect) Program for HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of New Mexico.
The Plant Operations Director is also responsible for helping create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, along with measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the departments performance.
- Oversees Maintenance, Environmental Services, Nutrition Services, Security and is the Safety officer in addition to responsibilities for coordination and evaluation of outside vendors. Coordinates routine and non-routine activities.
- Performs responsibilities including, but not limited to the daily operations of:
- Safety/Safety Officer
- Security/Loss Prevention (stolen/lost articles investigation)
- CCTV review of incidents in conjunction with internal investigations
- Environmental Services
- Waste Management
- HVAC operations and PM’s
- Electrical and mechanical services
- Medical waste
- Infection control
- Energy management
- Loss prevention
- Grounds keeping
- Environmental protection, planning, mitigation and drills/training
- Security Management
- Preventative maintenance
- Nutrition Services
- Responsible for all special events catering from setup to menu planning, prep and cooking.
- Planning of specials events for staff and visitors to include prep and cooking of the meals.
- Community involvement
- Writing Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for the state and federal contracts involving hospital preparedness and grants for participation as it pertains to fulfillment of the contract.
- Effectively utilizes computerized maintenance management software(CMMS) program.
- Utilizes Hospital IQ and hospital utility bills to analyze plant operations energy usage.
- Reviews, evaluates, and monitors the hospital’s maintenance expenses, including historical data and equipment life cycles to anticipate future expenditures, and takes action to reverse negative trends.
- Develops a multi-year hospital plan encompassing preventative maintenance schedules, repairs and upkeep of interior finish standards, and end-of-life cycle replacement strategies for building equipment and systems.
- Participates in planning and execution of capital construction projects and equipment purchases.
- Works with national, regional, and corporate contacts, as well as local contractors on mitigating expenditures.
- Maintains documentation of required accreditation and compliance related activities with emphasis on Environment of Care, Life Safety, and Emergency Management standards.
- Coordinates environmental rounds with hospital departments and takes appropriate steps to address identified issues.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints, or harassment immediately.
- Proactively monitors and reviews safety programs to identify trends and ensures controls to limit safety risks.
- Interprets blueprints, works from sketches or verbal instructions; possesses explicit knowledge of building-specific Life Safety Code requirements in order to appropriately oversee construction activities, maintain Code compliance, and administer the Statement of Condition reporting function.
- Demonstrates commitment to superior customer experiences with a service-oriented attitude.
- Collaborates with others to ensure quality and safety as it relates to the environment of care, and resolves concerns, complaints, and needs of patients, families, staff and physicians.
- Considers patient/staff safety, takes initiative to identify and eliminate risks, and educates the team in those strategies.
- Respects and considers patient/family cultural preferences, goals, and privacy when planning/delivering culturally competent care/services.
- Builds a strong diverse and inclusive team with the ability to identify, analyze and solve problems in an effective and timely manner.
- Communicate professionally and appropriately at all levels and in a respectful manner.
- Utilize appropriate resources and successfully execute responsibilities.
- Ensure performance within the boundaries of the budget.
- Communicates regularly regarding goals, expectations, and performance, addressing issues appropriately and timely.
THE HOME DEPOT-
MAY 31, 2006 TO January 2010
Duties to include:
ASSET PROTECTION OPERATIONS MANAGER
ASSET PROTECTION MANAGER/ LOSS PREVENTION MANAGER
- Review and analyze store shrink performance
- Identify associate behaviors and/or operational issues through exception based reporting and CCTV that may cause shrink
- Identify trends; make recommendations for improvement; teach, train and coach associates to effectively handle opportunities; monitor corrective action. Identify and successfully investigate matters of internal dishonesty and Organized Retail Crime (ORC) investigations throughout the district
- Conduct internal theft investigations and interviews in partnership with Human Resources and CIT.
- Prepare detailed and accurate reports in a timely manner
- Monitor criminal cases, appear in court and testify as warranted
- Follow up, support and resolve safety, environmental and regulatory issues as assigned by the District Operations Manager
- Assist in supporting safety awareness and compliance in stores, including assistance with Workers' Compensation and General Liability claim process.
- Use data to identify trends that may lead to accidents and make recommendations for process changes or improvements
- Assist with the development and retention of hourly AP and Ops associates, in addition to all store associates
- Interview all apprehensions to validate any Organized Retail Crime connections utilizing Wicklander-Zulawski / Interview and Interrogation Techniques
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
Nature and Scope:
Reports to Store Manager
Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of associates. Planning, monitoring and reviewing of associates. Including direct supervision of shifts and the coordination of multiple working groups. Make recommendations concerning selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development.
- Ensure Excellent Customer Service
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction
- Recruit and Place Sales Associates with Appropriate Skills
- Ensure Appropriate Staffing in Specialty Areas
- Set and Monitor Department Sales Goals
- Train Associates to Provide Quality Customer Service
- Ensure Excellent Customer Service for Product Sales
- Ensure Customers are Acknowledged and Project Needs are Met
- Customer Concerns are Met in a timely and Efficient Manner
- Forecast Scheduling Needs and Ensure that the Store is Properly Stocked to Meet Customer Demand
- Ensure Store Events are Appropriately Scheduled and Communicated
- Supervise Store Associates
- Recruit, Interview and Recommend Qualified Candidates to Store Manager
- Make Recommendations to Store Manager on Starting Pay and Pay Increases
- Motivate, Coach, Train, and Develop Associates
- Communicate Home Depot and Store to Store Objectives to Associates, Department Heads, and Managers alike
- Manage all Areas of Responsibility (Direct responsibility for departments 21-Lumber, 22-Building Materials, 24-Paint, 25-Hardware, 27-Electrical, & 28-Garden, 30-Milworks, 38-Pro Desk (Contractor Services) and Deliveries/Will Calls in addition to the whole store when acting (MOD) Manager on Duty.
- Inventory Captain – responsible for all aspects of pre inventory, post inventory, in addition to actual days of physical counts.
- Maintain Department Profitability Through Analysis, Trend Identification and Responding to Identified Problems
- Coordinate Merchandising Maintenance for Multiple Departments
- Follow Policies and Procedures for Opening and Closing Sales Areas
- Develop and Communicate Store Standards to Associates
- Develop Strategy and Objectives with Store Manager and Ensure that they are met
- Work with Operations Manager to Plan Merchandising and Signing Placement and Display
- Ensure All Safety Policies and Procedures are being met at all times
- Verify All Deposits, Safe Balances, Front End Increases, Tills, and Loading/Removal of Monies from Self Check Outs
- Sign for Petty Cash, Markdowns, Time Slips, Refunds, Price Changes, and all Other Applicable Reports.
- Sign off on and Verify Completion of Department Heads Daily Planners
- Ensure All applicable Reports are Being Completed by Associates and Department Heads
- Prepare Appropriate Responses to the Departments and Store P & L
- Monitor and Proactively Address Shrink Related Operational and Non Operational Processes to Minimize Shrink Exposure to the Company
GENERAL MANAGER/ FACILITATOR
FEBRUARY 12, 2006 to MAY 30, 2006
- Facilitation of all sporting events including; Richard Steele Boxing Tournaments, Basketball (Nike & Reebok), Volleyball, International Dodge Ball (amateur & professional), Wrestling, and Gymnastics as well as day to day operations.
- Internal audits of merchandise through POS system in conjunction with the CCTV systems.
- Facilitate background checks on new hires.
- Manage all aspects of the security department functions. This included the uniformed armed security for events, CCTV, alarm systems and investigations.
PRC SECURITY & INVESTIGATIONS, INC.
JUNE 30, 2005 to FEBRUARY 11, 2006
- Responsible for all daily operations of the company, as well as maintaining existing accounts and acquiring new clientele.
- Internal investigations concerning staff misconduct, theft and/or illegal activities.
- Investigations for clients involving theft, misconduct and private issues.
DOLCE & GABBANA USA, Inc.,
LOSS PREVENTION SUPERVISOR
JANUARY 3, 2005 to JUNE 23, 2005
- Loss Prevention protection and management for Dolce & Gabbana Boutique, D & G Boutique, Dolce & Gabbana Outlet, and the D & G Warehouse.
- Daily management of LP Officers on the floor.
- CCTV review and operations.
- Inventory of merchandise (physical vs. book)
- Financial balances.
- Internal theft investigations.
- External apprehensions.
- Training and education of LP Staff.
AMERICAN SECURITY & PROTECTIVE SERVICES
LOSS PREVENTION OFFICER/ EXECUTIVE PROTECTION
APRIL 13, 2004 to JANUARY 2, 2005
- Loss prevention protection for clients to include: Dolce & Gabbana, Christian Dior, D & G, ESPN Zone II, and Harry Winstons. Ensure the protection of property and staff.
- Inventory of goods vs. book.
- Investigation of any non balanced inventories or spot checks.
- Observe, record and apprehend person/persons committing theft.
- Initial interview of apprehension prior to release to law enforcement.
- Armed and unarmed physical protection details.
- Executive protect tailored to clients needs.
HEART HOSPITAL OF NEW MEXICO
TEAM LEADER- SECURITY DEPARTMENT/ SAFETY OFFICER
SEPTEMBER 9, 1999 to MARCH 26, 2004
- Served as the Security Team Leader/ Safety Officer. Reported directly to the CEO/President.
ST. JOSEPH HEALTHCARE SYSTEM,
FACILITY SUPERVISOR/SAFETY OFFICER
JUNE 18, 1993 to SEPTEMBER 9, 2000
- Working /Training Supervisor, reported to the Director of Security.
Village Inn Restaurant
- All aspects of kitchen operations and supervision.
UNITED STATES NAVY, ABE3/PO3, May 7, 1986 to May 6, 1990
UNITED STATES NAVAL RESERVE, May 7, 1990 to May 6, 1994
- Obtained ABE3/E4 rank on the USS Saratoga.
- Attended Aviation Boatswain Mate School.
- Shipboard fire fighting courses.
- Qualified on all topside stations for catapults and arresting gear.
- Security watches.
- Shore patrol.
- A member of the quick response (A Team) maintenance team responsible for bringing downed equipment to an operational status in time sensitive situations.
- Sea Duty Service Ribbon.
- Three Battle E Ribbons.
- Libyan Conflict Ribbon.
- Expert Pistol.
- Expert Rifle Ribbons.
- Honorable discharge.
- Ø Skills/Education:
- Certified Hazard Control Manager (CHCM)
- Certified Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Hospital Emergency Response Team (HERT)
- HAM Radio Operator
- Certified Locksmith
- Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP)
- Certified Food Manager (CFM)
- HERC – Hospital Emergency Response Coordinator
- Incident Command System 100 Certified
- Incident Command System 200 Certified
- Incident Command System 300 Certified
- Incident Command System 400 Certified
- Incident Command System 700 Certified
- Professional Incident Command Series Certified
- Pool Operator Certified
- FFL Dealer
- Tactical Disarming Instructor
- Tactical Baton Instructor
- Tactical Handcuff Instructor
- Basic Unarmed Defensive Tactics Instructor
- Senior Level OC Instructor
- Security Defensive Tactics Cyclist Instructor
- Flashlight Defensive Tactics Qualified
- Concealed Weapons Certified
- Armed Security Certified
- Unarmed Security Certified
- Office skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access
- WINDX Certified
- AXxess 202 Operator and Troubleshooter Qualified
- Wicklander-Zulawski / Interview and Interrogation Techniques Certified
- Forklift Certified
- Order Picker Certified
- Electric Pallet Jack Certified
- Reach Truck Certified
Associations (current and past):
- Texas Association of Healthcare Facilities Managers (TAHFM)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- New Mexico Society of Healthcare Engineers (NMSHE) Board Member
- American Society of Healthcare Engineers (ASHE)
- New Mexico Coalition for Emergency Preparedness
- Member of the Metropolitan Medical Response System & Committee Member
- American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS)
- International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS)
- New Mexico Crime Prevention Association (NMCPA)
- The American College of Forensic Examiners International
- National Disaster Medical System Member (NMDS)
- Disaster Medical Alert Team Member (DMAT)